Monday, February 18, 2008

Sweaty winter..

You may ask what I have been up to sweating at -3 degrees. A story was told some where of a time a pastor sheduled for a meeting with a prominent leader was taking a walk with his wife. And he said to the wife, ''when I think of meeting this guy my mouth gets dry'' then he paused and continued, ''and my plams get sweaty''. Then the wife said to him, ''why don't you leak your palms!!'' May be I have been having some palm leaking sessions??? But not in the same context.

It has been too hot to be dressed...

I have been out doing winter sports in the last two weeks. Down hill skiing and also cross country. It has been fun though with multiple falls but I can do much now. The first day every part of me was in pain for days but before long I was out again skating and latter skiing. That is how I have been sweting through out the season. Actually Norwegians have a common saying that goes someting like; 'there is no bad weather, you just have to dress for it''. I think it is true. It would be hard to live here and not do some of this thing, again there is too much snow here to let it go just like that...

Above; left getting ready for down hill skiing in Sirdal. Once in a while a big fall happened!! Bellow: cross country skiing in Sauda.
















Well skating again was a good game too and I managed better than before. Sometimes I felt like a baby learning to walk. May be I am a big baby in this.

1 comment:

Nungari said...

wow, you look so awesome......
must have been really fun. am totally green with envy (lol) n to think Joyce may get a chnace to experince this soon....unbelievable!!!!!!