Sunday, March 2, 2008

Kenyanazied..

Thursday last week was both a historical and a day of turn around for Kenya. I took the bus too Mandal at 11:15 am from Stavanger. Joe and I were headed for a partners meeting at Hald, to meet our contact person form home. The jorney was cool as ever, I enjoyed the landscape which is now full of clean flowing water from the melted snow, these made graceful site all the way. My thoughts went far and wide to different things for the three hours I was in the bus. At some point I was thinking about leadership in; what informs leaders decision making process? What is the cost of excellent leadership? Do we have servant leaders in the world? What makes excellent leaders? I was also reading a book by Noel M. Tichy titled "The Leadership Engine", I came across this statement in the book: ''Leadership is a holistic pattern of thought processes, attitudes and behaviours. Each leader has different weights placed on different attributes, and each has his or her own teachable points of view. One thing they have in common, though; is that they have developed their winning attitudes, behaviors and points of view by reflection on their lives and by examining thier experiences. And at the end, they have developed a complete and workable leadership style''.

Well many things may be said about The Kenyan leaders who on this day made the power sharing deal. I think they have made many mistakes in the past but what they did that day to many Kenyans is a true sign of leadership going beyond personal intrests. I hope for a new dawn!!

No comments: