Monday, March 17, 2008

Missed out a day!

In the last few days from the beginning of this month I have been travelling a lot. It first started with a 15hours train journey to Trondheim where I visited my friends for 5 days. Later I moved to Bergen about 16hours on a train, a lot of fun and good landscape to look at. My coming back from Bergen was by boat where I became sea sick and the last two hours of the journey were something I wish I could forget. That was on 15th.

I was to travel to Oslo to join the team going to Austria for a conference. So I woke up early this morning (Monday) in readiness to go to catch the train at 10.25am as I had booked. I got there about 45 min before the supposed train. But I just thought of confirming my tickets by giving it another look. Wahh!! I should have traveled yesterday 16th. I couldn’t believe it so I looked up for a calendar to confirm if the dates or the day was wrong, but neither, I shook my head a bit just to make sure I was fully awake but the paper was right. I had missed a train by a day!!!!

I am now seated in my room writing this as I wait for the next train at 13.45pm. My team leader had to buy for me another ticket costing almost double the first one. Well if you talk about missing time, I missed a day!!

No comments: